Required as soon as possible, subject to all clearances being in place
The Governors, staff and pupils of Chopwell Primary wish to appoint a School Caretaker to work across the school site.
The successful candidate will:
• Be an enthusiastic, well organised individual with a positive attitude, sense of humour and a flexible approach to working
• Have the skills to carry out general repairs and maintenance tasks throughout the school and attached sports centre
• Have the skills to carry out external ground maintenance tasks
• Be responsible for maintaining the safety & cleanliness of specified areas across the school site
• Passionate about delivering excellent customer service to all stakeholders
• Have the ability to communicate with a wide range of people and be able to make decisions using your own initiative. You must be able to prioritise and organise your workload and manage deadlines
• Ability to demonstrate commitment to Equal Opportunities
• Willingness to participate in further training and developmental opportunities offered by the school.
In return we will offer:
• A competitive salary of £20,043 - £20,444 per annum (pay award pending)
• We’ll help you save for your future with an outstanding employer contribution to your pension
• You’ll have access to great health and wellbeing support, including discounted membership to GO Gateshead Leisure Services and ability to use our cycle to work scheme
• A clear commitment to continuing professional development.
A supportive school community including staff, governors, children and parents
If successful you will be required to apply for an enhanced Disclosure.
Please supply an email address for each of your referees, all references will be taken up and verified prior to interview.
Application forms avialable via email from: email@example.com
Closing Date: 12 noon Friday 2nd September 2022
Shortlisting: Week commencing Monday 5th September 2022